Are you looking for anti-aging ingredient that works well to accelerate the cell turnover and removes dead skin at the same time? You might be want to try mandelic acid which is known as Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), derived from bitter almonds. It has known to have a number of benefits to the skin. The product that I tried recently was sent to me a few weeks ago, and as today’s post is going to be a review on the product which I’ve tried for 14 days.
For those who are not familiar with mandelic acid, you might be wondering the functions and benefits of this so-called anti-aging ingredient. Just like other AHAs such as lactic acid and glycolic acid, the mandelic acid is used to support the skin by soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. In other words, it works to strengthens collagen that build the blocks of skin’s support network to give the skin with youthful firmness. Since Mandelic acid has larger molecules, thus it takes longer to penetrate the skin’s surface and it is less irritating compared to other AHAs.
I have listed down the benefits of Mandelic Acid:
- Exfoliates dead skin cells and surface debris,
- Has anti-bacterial properties which is excellent choice for all types of acne such as cystic acne,
- Clear blackheads and refines the pores,
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with less irritation,
- Prevents the growth of melanin which causes brown patches, freckles, uneven skin ton, and other sun-related skin care problems,
- Functions as an excellent exfoliator for those who are suffering from Rosacea.
I recently received a bottle of serum from Swissvita, and this serum is enriched with mandelic acid. Here’s what I think about the product after using it for 14 days.
What They Say
- A German Merck quality guaranteed.
- High quality ingredients from Switzerland.
- Metabolic your skin with a perfect ratio of 4:3:3 (Mandelic Acid: Malic Acid: Citric Acid).
- Improved results for the dull, acne and melanin spots.
- Solve cuticle hypertrophy, acne and other issues.
- Penetrates deep into pores and to clear acne.
- Improve dull and rough spots and other skin problems.
- Enhance the ability for the skin to absorb other makeup and skin care products.
- Mild essence texture, can be used with a gentle massage to allow the essence penetrates into the skin.
- Mandelic Acid: An alpha hydroxy acid derived from bitter almonds, it has a number of benefits for the skin. It takes longer to penetrate the skin’s surface and is much less irritating.
- Malic Acid: Help increase collagen production and reverse sun-induced signs of aging in the skin. As a skin peeling agent to help rejuvenate skin. Malic acid peels help to remove dead skin cells in the outer layer of skin that make it look dull and less youthful.
- Citric acid: Citric acid can slough off dead skin cells and speed new cell turnover. It promotes new skin growth that can help alleviate the appearance of age spots, acne scars, small wrinkles and areas of uneven tone and texture.
What I Say
It comes in a 50ml amber glass bottle, and the packaging is quite straight-forward. The description is more to the ingredients, and instructions on usage. It has somewhat a medical-grade packaging which I find it is quite reliable with that ‘high quality’ look.
I was quite unsure with the 433 figure but after I read through the description, I finally understand that the 433 stands for the ratio of the main ingredients of this serum. 4:3:3 means 40% Mandelic Acid, 30% Malic Acid, and 30% Citric Acid. Each of these ingredients function as anti-aging properties which effectively diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as brightens up the skin by reducing the dark spots, and melanin. This serum is said to be used 2-3 times a week in between cleansing and toner application.
Swissvita Skin Lab’s Mandelic Acid Perfect Ratio Complex Serum has a non-oily product which I find quite convenient as I does not leave with skin with greasy look. In fact, I’m in love with the hydration it gives to my skin every time I applied it onto my skin. Apart from that, I also noticed that my skin condition has improved greatly as my dark spots and acne scars reduced tremendously. I guess it is due to the ingredients which happens to brighten up dull and damaged skin. It does not cause breakouts, anyway.
How about fine lines and wrinkles? Since I only used it for 14-day period, I guess it is hard to comment about it as I have not notice anything about it. I guess I need to use it for a few months to see the results. I’m, so far, satisfied with this product as it does not boast with ‘marketing lies’.
This is one of my favourite serum so far as it really brightens up my skin as well as reducing the appearance of dark spots and acne scars. It is recommended for those who are looking for serum that would help to improve the skin conditions a lot. Moreover, the price is quite affordable especially when the serum can be used up to 4-5 months since it only needs to be applied onto the skin 2-3 times a week. You have to get this serum if you are looking for a flawless skin!
Where To Buy