I’ve heard some parents who advice me not to buy insurance (even for the kids) because it would only benefit the insurance company. It’s a debatable issue whether to give your kids an insurance or not, but as a responsible parent, I’m getting a life insurance for my kids as part of my contingency plans. There are tons of things which are hard to predict. So, after getting a quotation from my friend, Kay Kastum, I’ve finally decided to get PruBSN SmartLink from him.
Why I buy an insurance for my kids? I believe buying the insurance when the child is younger can cut the cost of paying the premiums because with MYR150 per month, you have the option to choose whether to pay quarterly or yearly. The premium for a child is much cheaper than for an adult. Although some might think that the insurance will never be able to cover all the cost of medication or the insurance cost would be pricey for family with poor health background, it’s far better to have some savings than nothing at all. LOL! The PruBSN SmartLink coverage includes:
- Death/Total Permanent Disability: MYR70,000 (max)
- Critical Illness: MYR30,000 (max)
- Includes: AIDS due to a blood transfusion or full blown AIDS, Aplastic anaemia, Apallic syndrome, Alzheimer’s disease, Benign brain tumour, Blindness, Brain surgery, Cancer, Cardiomyopathy, Chronic liver disease, Chronic lung disease, Coma, Coronary artery disease including Angioplasty and other invasive treatments for coronary artery disease, Deafness, Encephalitis, Fulminant viral hepatitis, Heart attack, Heart valve replacement, Kidney failure, Loss of independent existence, Loss of speech, Major burns, Major head trauma, Major organ transplant, Medullary cystic disease, Meningitis, Motor neurone disease, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Paralysis, Parkinson’s disease, Poliomyelitis, Primary pulmonary arterial hypertension, Stroke, Surgery to the aorta, Systemic lupus erythematosus lupus nephritis.
- Accidental Death and Disablement: MYR30,000 (max)
- Medical Card (HealthEnrich):
- Full Coverage with MYR200/daily (max) on Hospital Room and board, with an annual limit of MYR60,000, and a lifetime limit of MYR600,000.
- Emergency Treatment for Accidental Injury: MYR2,000 annually.
- Maternity complications: MYR6,000 annually.
- Includes: Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation, Ectopic Pregnancy, Hydatidiform Mole, Postpartum Haemorrhage Requiring Hysterectomy, Eclampsia, Amniotic Fluid Embolism, Pulmonary Embolism of Pregnancy, Toxaemia of Pregnancy.
Moreover, your kids will be able to get rewards upon excellent academic achievement with EduSmart Bonus.
- National Examinations as listed by Ministry of Education
- Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR): MYR900 (Minimum Requirement: 5As)
- Pentaksiran Tingkatan 3 (PT3): MYR1,800 (Minimum Requirement: 7As)
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM): MYR2,700 (Minimum Requirement: 8As)
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) or Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM): MYR2,700 (Minimum Requirement: 4As)
- International Examination
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE): MYR2,700 (Minimum Requirement: 5As)
- Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (A-Level): MYR2,700 (Minimum Requirement: 3As)
- International Baccalaureate (IB): MYR2,700 (Minimum Requirement: 42 Points)
- Higher Education – Diploma or Degree: MYR3,600 (Minimum Requirement: CGPA 3.5/1st class)
If you’re a ‘taxable person’, then you must be aware that you can get a tax relief from buying an insurance. For those who are unfamiliar with the term, tax relief is actually ‘an amount that can be deducted from a person’s annual income to reduce the amount on which tax is paid’. The insurance tax relief can be up to MYR6,000.
If you’re planning to get an insurance for you or your family, just drop Kay a message. He’s the most reliable insurance agent I’ve ever met. He’s also friendly guy who would always answer your questions even when they may sound weird or funny. You can be rest assured with your privacy as Kay will never leak any information (or even gossip) about your private information to anyone. Trust me because I will never go to somebody whom I’m not familiar to because for me, the private details should be put on top of everything else.
Contact Kay at kay [at] orangsabah.com (replace the [at] with @ because nobody loves spambot). You can also get quotation from him simply by filling in this form. If you can buy an insurance for your car, then you should be able to insure your kids, too!
More details on PruBSN SmartLink? Go Here.
Want to get noticed by my visitors? Get your ads here for as low as US$15 for 3 months. Limited time only. Find out how you can get your ads to be featured here.