Being a wife, and a mother is no longer about ‘only-me’ as there are a few people to be included as ‘us’. Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean life as a wife, and mother is boring or tiring. No. I think it’s the most challenging job in the world as I need to understand the psychological needs of my loved ones. It doesn’t mean I’m now a servant or even a cooly. In fact, I’m proud if I could meet the psychological needs of my family. I work, study, cook, and prepare their needs. Apart from that, I’m happy to have a very helpful Mr. Husband who would help me taking care of the kids when I’m tired, or out to do my make-up jobs during the weekends.
You can fully understand the life I have if you are a wife, and a mother. We’re in the same bandwagon – We fight, and strive for the best just for the sake of our family. If you’re single (unmarried, I mean), you should try to look at your mother, from her view, the hardships she has to bear just to raise you up until now. I’m not trying to point out that I’m very skilled or experienced than other wives, or mothers; I’d rather love to read or listen to their experience as well as learn from them. I read blogs written by wives, and mothers from all over the world. I admire their determinations, commitments, and sacrifices. I love how they turn their messy home into a hospitable one. Mine? *sigh* I always felt tired at the end of the day, and could only spend a few hours for studying. Multitasking, huh? Sometimes it’s better to do one thing at a time.
As we grow older, our body tends to get old (too!) thus it needs more ‘maintenance’. Yeah, just like an old car. Thus, it’s important to take care of our health especially when there’s a family, the ones who love us so dearly. In fact, having a balanced diet doesn’t seem to be enough, and that’s why we need supplements to support our health. A dietary supplement is intended to provide nutrients that may otherwise not be consumed in sufficient quantities.
I wrote about getting supplements via online on my previous post, and how I earn Cashback from shopping with Ensogo. You can read it here. So, I usually shop online for my supplements because I find it’s rather convenient to do so. As I mentioned in my previous posts, I usually do ‘re-order level’ so that I don’t have to worry about getting my supply on time.
Basically, there are tons of supplements out there and they are exceptionally good for our health but I’m not a fan of ‘membership’ because I’m not quite loyal to a brand especially when I find they only have one product that suits me. Moreover, sometimes the price is quite expensive than what I can find via online or pharmacy. I would be happy to buy one from these people but getting myself to be a member would be a big no-no.
If you’re wondering what kind of supplements I usually purchase over the counter, or via online pharmacy, here are some of the supplements which I love to consume. In fact, I rarely buy supplements without getting advice from my doctor as I have drug allergy.
- Jamieson European Grape Seed Extract 50mg (60 Capsules)
- Grape Seed 50mg derived from premium red wine grapes, this powerful antioxidant nourishes the body to help in the maintenance of good health. Each capsule contains 50mg of grape seed extract from fresh European red wine grapes. Provides antioxidant protection while improving circulation. Helps improve vision. Offers antioxidant protection from free radical damage. May help slow premature aging by helping to repair damaged collagen, resulting in more youthful skin tone.
- Webber Natural® Rhodiola Extract 150mg (90 Capsules)
- Rhodiola is a safe and effective herbal extract that helps the mind and body adapt to stress. It enhances mental clarity, increases energy, relieves anxiety, and shortens recovery time. Rhodiola Extract, 3% salidrosides from webber naturals is a standardized extract delivering consistent and potent support when your mind and body are under stress.
- Natural Factors® Lycopene 10mg (60 Capsules)
- Natural Factors® natural tomato Lycopene softgels contain 10 mg of the important carotenoid, Lycopene. Derived from tomato, Lycopene is responsible for the healthy red color and is a more powerful free radical quencher than Beta Carotene. As a potent antioxidant, Lycopene prevents oxidative damage to cellular structures throughout the human body. Recent scientific research suggests that Lycopene may be an important nutrient to support prostate health and skin resistance to UV damage.
- Webber Naturals® BlueRich® Antioxidant Blueberry 36:1 Concentrate 500mg (90 capsules)
- 36 times the antioxidant power of fresh blueberry! BlueRich® Antioxidant Blueberries contains the highest levels of antioxidant activity compared to other fresh fruits and vegetables. A superior source of phytochemical antioxidants. Anthocyanins scavenge free radicals, preventing aging. The most convenient way to take advantage of antioxidant blueberry’s broad spectrum of health benefits. Ideal for men and women of all ages!
- Webber Naturals® Antioxidant Grape Seed Extract 50mg (60capsules)
- Webber Naturals® Antioxidant Grape Seed Extract is a standardized extract high in leucoanthocyanins. These bioflavonoids help strengthen blood vessels, increase the tone and elasticity of capillary walls, enhance the effects of vitamin C, and quench free radicals. They also have an antihistamine effect. In a controlled clinical trial, leucoanthocyanins from grape seed were administered to patients suffering from peripheral vascular disease of the lower limbs. There was a marked improvement in clinical symptoms. Webber Naturals® Antioxidant Grape Seed Extract has been proven to be superior in preventing changes in cell structure. Since free radicals play an important role in the spontaneous mutation of cells, any substance which hinders cell mutation could play a powerful role in the management or prevention of certain diseases. Grape seed extract also improves night vision by helping to regenerate rhodopsin, the purple-coloured part in the rods of the retina, helping the eyes adapt to low density light.
- Swanson Premium Biotin 5mg (100 capsules)
- Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin necessary for normal growth and body function. Biotin is a key regulatory element in gluconeogenesis, fatty acid synthesis, and in the metabolism of some amino acids. Alongside its role in energy production, Biotin enhances the synthesis of certain proteins. In addition, Biotin promotes normal immunity and plays a critical role in skin health.
- Webber Naturals® L-Lysine 500mg (60 capsules)
- L-Lysine from webber naturals is an essential amino acid, which means the body cannot manufacture it. L-Lysine has been shown to have anti-viral properties that may prevent or ease cold sores. It also helps the body repair tissue, produce hormones and enzymes, and build collagen and bones.
- Jamieson Calcium Magnesium with Zinc (100 Capsules)
- Calcium Magnesium with Zinc maintains strong bones and teeth and helps prevent osteoporosis to maintain bone health in life. This product may assist in stabilizing blood pressure and play a role in relieving PMS symptoms. It also helps prevent insomnia, supports colon and is good for adolescents and post-menopausal women. The addition of zinc gluconate enhances the immune system, fights infections and supports prostate health. Together, magnesium and calcium support mutual absorption and utilization. The optimal two-to-one ratio of calcium to magnesium ensures maximum absorption and prevents adverse gastrointestinal effects.
- Bill Natural Lecithin 1200mg (300 Capsules)
- Lecithin is the principal component of the human body’s cells. It is also the primary product of all living organisms and plays a significant role in normal cell metabolism and life processes. It is regarded as the “”guardian of cells””. Having enough lecithin means having a better immune system, metabolism and general vitality. It is a significant contributor to health and long life. BEC lecithin is manufactured with refined soya.In 1960s, scientists discovered that lecithin may have a role in protecting the heart, in a further study, and finally confirmed lecithin has a positive effect on heart health. It can reduce cholesterol in the body, and effectively maintain cardiovascular health. In nerve cells, the content of lecithin is approximately 17 % to 20 % of its weight. “Choline” is the basic component of soy lecithin, lecithin can adequate supply “choline” which can combine with “acetyl” from human’s body to become acetylcholine, which is related to memory and intelligence. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires all infants’ recipes should be appropriate to add lecithin. Lecithin is essential material of each cells. Lack of lecithin, the regeneration of skin cells will reduce, and cause rough skin and wrinkles. Proper intake of lecithin, skin’s power can be activated. Lecithin has good hydrophilic and lipophilic, and thus, intake lecithin can make skin shinier. In addition, lecithin contains inositol, which is essential nutrients of hair, can inhibit hair loss, and gradually darken gray hair. As people age increasing, the memory will declining. That is due to lack of acetylcholine. Brain neurotransmitter Acetylcholine is essential material of the information transfer in nervous system. Long-term intake lecithin can slow the process of memory declining.
- Webber Naturals® Peppermint Oil 50mg (90 capsules)
- Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita)(leaf) has a long history of traditional use for symptomatic treatment of dyspepsia, flatulence, and intestinal colic. Peppermint oil ingested as a tea or oral supplement is often used to help calm gastrointestinal complaints by providing antispasmodic effects. It seems to reduce slow wave frequency in the small intestine, slowing peristaltic movement. The antispasmodic activity appears to result from direct relaxing effects on the gastrointestinal (GI) tract smooth muscle. In 2007, Italian investigators reported that 75% of patients in their study who took peppermint oil capsules for four weeks had a major reduction in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) symptoms, compared with just 38% of those who took a placebo (Cappello et al., 2007). Peppermint oil should be used with caution in individuals with acid reflux disease, anemia, gallstones or hiatus hernia. Hypersensitivity has been known to occur (rashes, heartburn).
- FitMiss Cleanse™ by MusclePharm (60 capsules)
- “Toxins.” That’s a scary word. It’s even scarier to think that “toxins” exist in your body! So get rid of them! FitMiss Cleanse™ was specifically designed to get your digestive system clean and make you feel amazing. So start today and get clean and sexy from the inside out. FitMiss Cleanse is a full body cleansing and detoxification system (colon, liver, kidneys, stomach, blood, urinary tract, lungs and skin). It’s a daily cleanse, clothes may fit loosely in the stomach area due to waste elimination. It’s fast and powerful yet gentle enough for travel, work and a normal routine, and removing toxins and accumulated waste eases bloating and gas, fights parasites and bacteria and improves your health and energy.
- Bill Colostrum 500g (120 Chewable tablets)
- Bovine colostrum is the first milk produced by cows during the initial days after giving birth. Bovine colostrum is thought to contain more than 90 ingredients that may be beneficial to human health, broadly classified as immune factors, growth factors, cytokines, and nutrients. Bill Natural Sources® Colostrum is rich in immunoglobulins which have anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. Many of these are present at much higher levels than are found in regular milk and some are not found at all in other foods. It is beneficial to human health and may help to increase energy levels. Bovine colostrum may reduce the risk for upper respiratory illness and diarrhea in children. It is great for children’s bone and growth development, calcium supplement for adults’ and for a long-term consumption.
So, here are the supplements which I usually have (and always make sure they are in-stock), and Mr Hubby also consume the supplements as he’s quite a health-conscious person. Anyway, what supplement do you usually consume?
Want to get noticed by my visitors? Get your ads here for as low as US$15 for 3 months. Limited time only. Find out how you can get your ads to be featured here.