Fibre (or fiber) can be found mainly in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. It is a good source for healthy body as it is best known for its useful in the treatment and prevention of obesity, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and constipation. Today’s post is all about IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fiber which is an excellent dietary fibre specially formulated with Prebiotic (FOS & GOS), and Probiotic Bifidobacterium longum for the body needs and it contains high quality of natural fibre. I have been consuming this product for 2 weeks now as I’m ‘struggling’ with my current ‘over-BMI’ and constipation.
Inadequate of fibre intake can lead to constipation or develop other health complications as well as increase the incidence of diverticulosis. Fibre has shown health-protective benefits because micronutrients and anti-oxidants are found in foods high in fibre. Although fibre offers various health benefits, many people are unable or unwilling to increase the fibre content in their diet to achieve daily recommended intake, especially those who are eating a low-carbohydrate diet. Thus, these individuals may have to use alternative source of fibre such as taking fibre supplements.
Here are some of the benefits of taking high-fibre diet:
- Fibre helps to normalize bowel movements as it increases the weight and size of the stool and softens it which makes it far more easier to pass, thus, decreasing the chance of constipation.
- Fibre consumption also helps to lower the risk of developing haemorrhoids and diverticular disease as well as the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Fibre also helps to lower down the cholesterol levels by lowering the low-density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol levels.
- Fibre also helps in reducing blood pressure and inflammation.
- People with diabetes usually benefit from fibre consumption as fibre helps to control blood sugar levels as fibre can slow down the absorption of sugar and improve the blood sugar levels.
- Fibre can also help to keep a healthy weight as fibre foods tend to take longer to eat and have less ‘energy dense’, in other words, they have fewer calories for the same amount of food.
How to achieve the recommended daily intake of fibre?
- Daily recommendation for adult men is 38 grams (age 50 or younger) and 30 grams (age 51 or older) while women require 25 grams (age 50 or younger) and 21 grams (age 51 or older).
- Sources of fibre are from whole grain products (e.g. wholemeal bread), fruits, vegetables, beans, peas, legumes, nuts and seeds.
- There are another ways to get more fibre which is to eat cereals, granola bars, and so on. Besides, this fibre can be found from brown rice, wild rice, barley, whole-wheat pasta, and bulgur wheat.
- Fruits and vegetables are rich in fibre. Try having 5 or more servings daily to achieve the recommended intake.
- There is a need to drink plenty of water because fibre works best when it absorbs water which makes the stool soft and bulky.
But… How many of us would be able to achieve this recommended daily intake of fibre? I find it’s rather hard (and with my current budget, I find it is impossible to get everything within my budget). So, I decided to give IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fibre a shot after I read a few reviews from those who have tried this product.
WHAT THEY SAY
IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fibre is an excellent dietary fibre specially formulated with Prebiotic (FOS & GOS) and Probiotic Bifidobacterium longum BB536 for your body needs and it contains high quality natural soluble and insoluble fibre. Mainly help to maintain bowel regularity and increase friendly bacteria. One of our important ingredient Bifidobacterium longum BB536 is from Japan and this strain of bifidovacteria may exert a range of beneficial health effects. IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fibre is easily absorbed by digestive system, hence suitable for all ages.
Bifidobacterium Longum BB536
- Promote Immune system regulation
- Better digestive health
- Improve intestinal environment
FOS & GOS
- Enhance effect of probiotic
- Promote Bifidobacteria (Friendly Bacteria)
- Soften and improve consistency of stools
- Improve of mineral and calcium absorption
Psyllium Husk, Acacia Gum, Wheat Fibre and Oat Fibre
- Improve immune system defenses (Beta Glucan)
- Dietary soluble & insoluble fibre
- Water binding capability
- Help reduce calories &cholesterol
- Induce Prebiotic effects
- Relieves mild diarrhoea
- Boost nutrition profile of gluten free diets
Directions of Use
Take 1 scoop (8g) daily for adults or children above 12 years old. Mix into 1/2 glass of water or juice (approximately 100ml) Stir until dissolved and drink. Not to be taken immediately before going to bed. Do not use hot water as it will affect the live bacteria in the product.
WHAT I SAY
IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fibre comes in a plastic jar and with a secured lid. It has scoop inside which makes it easier and more travel-friendly. This product is safe to be taken every day because it is produced based on KKM guidelines (Food Act 1983 and Food Regulations 1985).
This is easy to consume as it only needs to mix 1 scoop (8g) IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fibre in a room temperature water. Just stir until dissolved (easily dissolved and no clump, anyway) and drink immediately. It has a nice taste of orange flavour. However, there are 2 don’ts when taking IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fibre:
- Do not use hot water as it will affect the live bacteria in the product.
- Do not take IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fibre before going to bed.
- Do not take IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fibre together with medicines because fibre may interact with the absorption of other medicines. It is advisable to take IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fibre at least 2 hours before or after taking medicines.
I have been taking IVIORA F.O.S Daily Fibre for weeks now and it really does wonder. I no longer experience constipation, and I find this is really good alternative drink to have every morning, just before having breakfast. I guess this is perfect as part of my beauty and diet routine, too! I need to drink this constantly because I believe that fibre is really good for the skin – healthy gut means healthy skin. The price is really affordable and I don’t mind to spend RM57 a month to enjoy this fibre + probiotic drink. In fact, a jar can last up to 1 month (30 servings).
WHERE TO BUY