I have a skincare product which I have been using since 10 years ago, and this is a real best-selling skincare product which has replaced abrasive and irritating scrubs with this liquid chemical exfoliants. Introducing Alpha-H Liquid Gold, a skincare product that has the ability to diminish wrinkles, sun damage, and pigmentation, brighten and revitalise dull skin, and treat both existing acne breakouts and acne scars.
Alpha-H Liquid Gold contains 5% of Glycolic Acid, an ingredient derived from fruit acids which basically works by breaking down the surface layer of dead skin cells, and allowing for brighter new skin cells to glow through. Glycolic Acid is a super exfoliant skin care ingredient that erases those unwelcome acne scars on the surface, as well as improve the underlying condition of the skin.
What They Say
Alpha-H Liquid Gold is a powerful resurfacing and firming treatment for diminishing wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage. This multi action formula is enriched with silk proteins, licorice extract and Glycolic Acid. It works to jump start the skin’s metabolism, tightening enlarged pores and giving a brighter, clearer complexion. Alpha-H Liquid Gold also makes an effective acne treatment when used in conjunction with other blemish fighting products from the Alpha-H range.
- Three or four nights a week: Apply Liquid Gold using a cotton pad to cleansed face, neck and décolletage, avoiding the eye and lip areas.
- A slight tingling sensation may be experienced.
- For best results, do not follow with a night cream, but instead allow Liquid Gold to work “uninterrupted”.
Please Note: This product is not recommended for delicate or sensitive skin.
Ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Hydrolysed Silk, Glycolic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract.
Benefits of Glycolic Acid
Glycolic Acid can be found in many chemical peels due to high percentages being very effective for skin treatments. Here are some of the benefits of Glycolic Acid for the skin.
- Glycolic Acid can be used in daily skincare products, without causing any irritation.
- Glycolic Acid is derived from plants such as sugar cane, pineapple and sugar beets.
- Glycolic Acid helps to treat skin conditions such as Psoriasis, Melasma and Seborrheic keratosis.
- Glycolic Acid is the holy grail for exfoliation because it effectively removing the outermost layer of dead cells from the complexion, thus, revealing a brighter and fresher skin.
- Glycolic Acid is often used to treat scarring, skin discolouration and signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Glycolic Acid is great to be used as once a week exfoliating treatment for those who are suffering from dull, pigmented or aging skin.
- Glycolic Acid functions as a booster for collagen production which is brilliant for plumping up the skin.
What I Say
I have combination skin prone to breakouts and I have really been enjoying using the Liquid Gold ever since I was introduced to it about 10 years ago. I actually had to place order once my stock replenished. The best thing about this product is its 5% Glycolic Acid which does not clog up the pores, and gently exfoliate dead skin cells, excess sebum and impurities that reveals a new and healthy skin.
I have to admit that the scent is quite strong and it has tingling effect on my skin. However, it really helps to minimise enlarged pores, and breakouts. The price may be quite expensive but a bottle can last up to 4-6 months, depending on the regularity. I usually use this during night time, before I hit the sack. Twice or thrice a week should be more than okay for me.
It is really advisable to use ample of moisturiser and sunscreen during day time just to protect the new skin cells. I would not recommend this for those who have dry or sensitive skin. I have been using this for more than 10 years, and continue to use this as a part of my skincare routine. Luckily, I can now purchase this from Sephora!
WHERE TO BUY