Benton was derived from a movie protagonist, Benjamin Button, who keeps growing younger with each passing day. So, this indie Korean beauty brand wants to restore the skin to its healthy, original state using premium ingredients. Benton does not produce massive number of products as they aim at producing high quality and freshly made skincare products. They only use natural preservatives that are certified to be safe for skin and has higher efficacy.
‘Benton’ is inspired by and named after the movie ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’in which Benjamin Button grows younger with time. In the movie, Benjamin has no choice but to leave his love, Daisy as he becomes younger. What if Daisy also could turn back the time of her physical appearance? Wouldn’t she be happier?
It may be just a fictional movie, but wouldn’t most people have the same desire to be young again? Likewise Benton wishes to turn back the time of your skin with healthy cosmetics. Benton cosmetics are designed to restore your skin back to its original, youthful condition with healthy recipes, rather than to give temporary effects with harmful ingredients.
We did not focus on the expensive and glamorous casing but focused on the high quality skin-friendly ingredients in our product. This cosmetic could be used not only by me but my family and parents could also use it. In order to be healthy we try to consume nutritious food, it is the same as with our skin. To help provide the skin with its original strength is Benton’s main objective.
Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin is a toner which should be used after cleansing the face, and it is formulated for all skin types including sensitive skin. Furthermore, this toner contains anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants, and anti-bacterial properties which are said to be good to solve problematic skin. According to COSDNA, this product contains no known irritants or acne triggers.
WHAT THEY SAY
SNAIL BEE HIGH CONTENT SKIN is tested under dermatological control. Snail Secretion Filtrate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Bee Venom, sh-Oligopeptide-1, and various botanical extracts are used to help improve your complexion. This skin toner helps keep your skin hydrated and smooth.
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Human Ogliopeptide-1, Bee Venom, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Plantago Asiatica Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Ulmus Campetris (Elm) Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Athaea Rosea Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Betaine, Bacillus Ferment, Panthenol, Beta-Glucan, Allantoin, Azelaic Acid, Adenosine
Here are some of the highlights in this ingredient lineup:
- Snail Secretion Filtrate
- Snail mucin has the skin-friendly anti-oxidants, proteins, elastin, and glycolic acids. More studies revealed that snail secretion effectively promote wound healing, and also repair photodamaged skin. It is actually helpful for acne, overall skin tone, and reducing acne scarring.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water (Green Tea Extract)
- The polyphenols in green teapossess powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties which are good for the skin as they prolonged moisturizing effect, reduce skin roughness, and improve skin microrelief (wrinkles).
- Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3 that works well for treating redness, reducing fine lines, brightening, lightening hyperpigmentation, and acne. This is a decently documented skincare ingredient.
- Human Ogliopeptide-1 (Epidermal Growth Factor or EGF)
- It helps treating wounds and burns, assisting in the regrowth of skin by increasing cell growth, and play a role in collagen and elastin production.
- Bee Venom
- There is a peptide found in the venom, which tricks the body into thinking you’ve been stung, causing it to increase collagen production to promote healing.
- Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (Salicylic Acid)
- Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that is often used as an acne treatment as it is antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and can function as a to improve barrier function and collagen production.
WHAT I SAY
Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin comes in a travel-friendly, amber-coloured plastic bottle with a dispenser pump which really works for dispensing the toner.
Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin has a clear and watery consistency without any fragrance. It absorbs very quickly deep into the skin, and it does not leave with that sticky residue. This is great for normal to oily skin. It is recommended to apply this after washing the face. Just dispense between 2 – 5 pumps, and pat gently into the face, and neck.
I have been using Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin for a few weeks now – morning and evening. I must say that this toner subsides facial redness, acne, and brightened up my skin. It promotes acne-free skin, but not enough to keep my dry skin hydrated.
Since I am looking for toner that can hydrate my skin, I would not repurchase this toner again. This is great for those who have normal to oily skin types. It does not leave the skin feels sticky or oily, though. This is great for those who are looking for non-oily toner which promotes skin healing. Pretty nice as it does not contribute to breakouts.
WHERE TO BUY
FOR MORE INFORMATION