Sheer Matteness? When I first heard about this, it made me think the logical behind being sheer and matte. I thought it was impossible but I found it was really interesting because of the idea is something a little unique. I admit that that I’ve fallen in love with this liquid lipstick because it’s so unique, and I love how I can add the intensify of the lipstick to suit my need. Read more about my experience with this sheer matteness Bourjois Rouge Edition Souffle de Velvet Lipstick.
What They Say
Bourjois – the colour-expert brand has created the new Rouge Edition Souffle De Velvet Lipstick. The exclusive formula of this innovative lipstick ensures a matte finish yet it remains incredibly light on the lips.
- Its soft melting texture glides on and turns into a velvety, but vibrant colour.
- Enriched with evanescent oils – the formula is sensuous and provides a soft, second-skin feel without drying the lips.
- Lips are left smooth and soft as velvet.
- The texture of the lipstick is undetectable after application – it is comfortable to wear all day long.
- The colour is bold and vibrant, but with a matte finish.
- Enriched with hydrating agent guards, Bourjois Rouge Edition Souffle De Velvet Lipstick’s innovative formula provides a soft feel with hydration for 10 hours – as nice a balm.
- You will have a real sensation of bare lips.
- Rouge Edition Velvet shades are true ‘colour shots’ thanks to the formula being saturated with pure pigments.
- A flawless hold and lasts up to 24 hours, no need for constant touch-ups.
- An ultra-fashionable result straight from the catwalk.
- A chic fashion accessory.
- The new era of lipsticks!
What I Say
Why did I buy this product? I actually received this from Bourjois Malaysia as part of the Butterfly Malaysia Project. This review would not be made a reality without this sponsorship. Thank you for the sponsorship. I was given Shade #07 Plum Plum Pidou which is reddish with a hint of pink.
Where did I buy and how much is the product? I didn’t buy the product but it can be bought from any Watsons outlets all over Malaysia. This liquid lipstick is sold for MYR 45.90. International buyers can find other online shops that have this liquid lipstick at the end of this post. Scroll down to find more where you can get this absolutely amazing sheet matte liquid lipstick.
How often do I use? Whenever I need to get to work, and attend formal events. I don’t wear this when I’m at home. LOL!
What I think about the features of this product?
- This liquid lipstick comes in a transparent or clear lipstick tube which is easier for me to check how much liquid left.
- It’s easy to twist open but not enough to open itself and leak inside the bag.
- It has a nice scent, something to creamy one. I love this smell which is not that noticeable.
- It has a nice and soft texture which I find quite interesting. It glides smoothly on my lips. It even covers my chapped lips. Very pigmented.
- It gives a natural looking lips when applied with a single layer. The color intensity can actually be adjusted. However, the lipstick would be great to be applied up to 3 layers only because I found that coating more than that could make the build up in the centre of the lips.
- It feels smooth, and does not dry out my lips. It gives a natural look, and I love how it makes my lips hydrated.
- It lasted about 6-8 hours, and it gives a natural stained lips.
- I usually apply a balm first because my lips is very dry, then only coat with this liquid lipstick. I put a few dabs on my lips then work it with my finger to achieve a natural look. For an intense look, I usually coat with 2-3 layers of this liquid lipstick. As for a more natural Korean stained-lip look, I just apply on the inner centre of my lips and smudge it with my finger.
- Product Value
- With the price of MYR 45.90 each, I think the product is affordable as it combines both lip balm and lipstick together in one.
- The features would not disappoint those who dislike to constantly reapply lipstick.
Pros & Cons
- It gives a sheer and matte look.
- Can be applied with or without lip balm. Friendly on dry and chapped lips.
- Easier to apply on lips, and does not need to be applied every hour.
- It does not last up to 10 hours as claimed.
- The price can be pricey for some people.
I’m in love with this liquid lipstick because it can last more than 5 hours. The price is affordable and I would love to grab the other colors soon. Recommended product especially those who are working from 9 to 5. This is great liquid lipstick!
Where To Buy